By Scott Corbett, CEO, ClickSynergy
In this article, you'll learn about these marketing tools, marketing techniques and marketing tips:
1. How to use fresh content to improve your ranking on Search Engine Results Pages;
2. How to use the power of internal linking to channel Page Rank;
3. How to use "Onpage" and "Offpage" techniques to improve your organic rankings.
As the founder and CEO of several successful eCommerce sites, I often get asked about ways to improve Organic Search Ranking. Here are several tips you can put into use immediately.
1. Add new content to your site often. Freshness matters a lot to Google, and big sites often do better than small ones in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
2. Use the power of internal linking to channel PageRank and build link reputation to important pages on the site by using in-context anchor text links. For example, if you want a specific page to rank for a keyword, shoot anchor text links using variants of that keyword at the page from other related pages on the site.
3. Make sure your title and meta tags are set properly. These are still marginally important to SEO, but also remember that your title tag is your "headline" in the search results and your meta description tag often gets used as the snippet below the title, so use both to "sell the click."
4. Control PageRank "bleed" on your site by using the "nofollow" tag when linking to pages that are not intended to rank (About Us, Guarantee/Return Policies, Contact Us pages, for example).
1. Get links. Then get more links. Keep getting links. It's good to get about 50% or more deep links, and you want to vary the anchor text so it looks more natural.
2. Bookmark targeted pages with Digg, Mixx, and Propeller.
3. Submit the site to top SEO-friendly directories like DMOZ, Yahoo, BOTW.org and GoGuides.org.
4. "Launder" lower quality links through Squidoo lenses, HubPages and article directories that link back to your site.
These are just a few of the newest tools and techniques you can use to improve your organic search rankings. The internet is always in a state of evolution, so stay tuned for more tips in upcoming issues of The 60 Second Marketer.
Scott Corbett is the Founder and CEO of SleepytimeStore.com and other eCommerce properties.